WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TELEHEALTH AND TELEMEDICINE?
“Telemedicine is the exchange of medical information between two sites through electronic communications, with the aim of improving patient’s health status, including an increasing variety of applications and services”.
Telehealth encompasses the use of information and communication technologies to provide health, medical care, and information services remotely.
You will be able to easily and quickly connect with healthcare professionals who will assist you from the comfort of your home, with the use of minimum requirements, to access Telemedicine services.
- Providers’ Scheduling Management
- Providers’ log.
- Providers’ Check-in / Check-out Availability
- Telemedicine Portal for video consultations (video calls).
- Medical history log.
- Possibility to generate and send prescriptions.
- Admin functions (creation, modification, deletion and communications (SMS/EMAIL).
THE VALUE PROPOSITION OF TELEMEDICINE
- Improve patient’s care.
- Expand the services provided, using new connectivity and access technologies.
- Improve the quality of services (ATA).
- Cost efficiency (ATA).
- Provide a “personal” touch to each patient.
- Shorten the distance between health professionals and patients.
- Easy, fast and safe access to health care.
- Confidentiality and Privacy of information.